Dinesh Flour Mills Kali Masoor Dal:
Dinesh Flour Mills Kali Masoor Dal is a popular and nutritious lentil widely consumed in India. Known for its distinct taste and health benefits, Kali Masoor dal is a staple in Indian households and is used in various culinary preparations. In this article, we will explore the nutritional benefits, culinary uses, and several recipes that showcase the versatility of Kali Masoor dal.
Nutritional Benefits: Kali Masoor dal is a rich source of essential nutrients that contribute to a balanced diet. Some of its nutritional benefits include:
- Protein: Kali Masoor dal is an excellent source of plant-based protein, making it a valuable option for vegetarians and vegans to meet their protein needs.
- Fiber: It is high in dietary fiber, which aids digestion, promotes bowel regularity, and helps manage cholesterol levels.
- Iron: The dal is a good source of iron, essential for the formation of red blood cells and overall blood health.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Kali Masoor dal contains various vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B6, folate, magnesium, and potassium, contributing to overall health and well-being.
Culinary Uses: Kali Masoor dal is a versatile ingredient and finds use in various Indian dishes. Some common culinary uses include:
- Dal Preparations: It is often cooked as a lentil soup or stew, commonly known as "Masoor Dal," seasoned with various spices and served with rice or Indian flatbreads like roti or naan.
- Curries: Kali Masoor dal can be used to prepare delicious curries by combining it with vegetables, spices, and a tomato-based sauce.
- Snacks: Ground Kali Masoor dal flour is used to make savory snacks like vada (fritters) and dosa (savory crepes).
- Salads: When sprouted, Kali Masoor dal is added to salads to enhance their nutritional value and add a unique crunch.
- Stuffed Parathas: The dal can also be used as a stuffing for parathas (stuffed Indian flatbreads) along with other ingredients like onions and spices.
Other Names of Kali Masoor Dal in India: Kali Masoor dal is known by various regional names in India, such as:
- Sabut Masoor: In some parts of North India, it is referred to as "Sabut Masoor."
- Mysore Paruppu: In South India, especially in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, it is called "Mysore Paruppu."
- Kaali Dal: In Bengali cuisine, it is often known as "Kaali Dal."
- Kala Masoor Dal: Another name for it is "Kala Masoor Dal" used in various parts of India.
Recipes from Kali Masoor Dal:
- Masoor Dal Fry: A simple and popular recipe where the dal is cooked with onions, tomatoes, and spices, and then tempered with cumin seeds and red chili.
- Masoor Dal Curry: This involves cooking the dal with assorted vegetables like carrots, peas, and potatoes in a flavorful gravy.
- Sprouted Masoor Salad: Kali Masoor dal can be sprouted and mixed with chopped vegetables, herbs, and a tangy dressing to create a nutritious and delicious salad.
- Masoor Dal Vada: Ground dal is mixed with spices and deep-fried to make crispy vadas, a popular Indian snack.
- Masoor Dal Dosa: A variation of the traditional dosa, where the batter is made using soaked and ground Kali Masoor dal.
Dinesh Flour Mills Kali Masoor Dal is a versatile and nutritious lentil widely consumed in India. Its abundance of protein, fiber, iron, vitamins, and minerals make it a valuable addition to a balanced diet. From traditional dal preparations to innovative snacks and salads, Kali Masoor dal offers a plethora of culinary options to explore, catering to diverse tastes and preferences. So, go ahead and make the most of this nutritious lentil in your kitchen!Kali Masoor Dal: Loaded with dietary fibre and iron, masoor dal is a great supplement of protein for vegetarians. In India, it is cooked in a curry form and is eaten with roti or rice. It contains high level of protein, amino acids, folate, vitamin B1, and minerals. It helps lower the cholesterol in one's body and helps maintain blood sugar levels. It is also a good source of potassium and iron. You can buy masoor kali from Dinesh Flour Mills now. DFM is situated in Old Rajinder Nagar Market, New Delhi since many years now. We have with us a variety of flours (MP atta, rice atta, jwar atta, makki atta, bajra atta, etc.), rice types (parmal, brown, sela, sona masoori, etc.), sugar, pulses and lentils, as well as whole grains. We go the extra mile to fetch the best ever raw food ingredients for our esteemed clients. These are then packaged using advanced packaging machines. Buy best food material from us!